2023 HOSA State Leadership Conference
Sunday, March 12 – Tuesday, March 14, 2023
UNO’s Milo Bail Student Center
Registration Opens: January 23, 2023
Registration Closes: February 3, 2023
Online Testing Runs: February 8-17, 2023
Register at apps.hosa.org
Snapshot of events being planned for students and advisors:
- Competitive Events
- Breakout Sessions
- Networking opportunities
- 2023-2024 State Officer Team Election
- Awards & Recognition
- Tours and hands-on experiences in world-class medical facilities
- Advisor Sessions
- And much more!
Chapters with outstanding fees will able to register for State once all outstanding fees are accounted for.
The $40 Registration Fee Includes:
- Registration and conference materials.
- Competitive event expenses, trophies, medals, plaques, etc.
- General session speakers, workshops, tours, shuttle transportation to tours.
Lunch tickets and t-shirts can be purchased for additional fees during registration through the conference management system. Plan on lunch ticket costs of $13-15/day and t-shirt costs of $15-20/shirt.
1. Complete the online conference registration form on the HOSA website apps.hosa.org once registration opens in January 2023. You can generate your own invoice through this same site once registration has closed. Please pay the invoice within 30 days of registering.
2. Mail check payable to Nebraska HOSA with a copy of the invoice to:
Grafton and Associates
5935 S. 56th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
Please note: Do not send any type of payment to NDE OR hand deliver any type of payment at SLC. Any and all payments are to be sent to Grafton and Associates.
SLC Hotel Block
Nebraska HOSA is planning to reserve hotel room blocks in Aksarben Village. More information to come. Please reach out to Rachel Buss (rachel.bu[email protected]) with any questions.
Due February 3:
- SLC Registration, including competitive event selection, chapter voting delegate designation (2 members), lunch ticket orders, and t-shirt orders
Due February 13:
- 2023-2024 State Officer Applications
Due February 17:
- Competitive Events – Online Testing through HOSA’s Online Testing System
- Competitive Events – Round 1 submissions on TALLO (instructions)
- Nebraska HOSA Pin Design Contest
- Chapter of the Year Application
- Advisor of the Year Nomination
- Outstanding Chapter Leader
- Recognition Event: HOSA Service Project volunteer hours and money raised into the HOSA Activity Tracking System (instructions)
- Recognition Event: Barbara James Service Award hours must be entered into the HOSA Activity Tracking System and approved by teachers (instructions)
- Recognition Event: HOSA Happenings upload to TALLO
- Advisor & Chaperone Code of Conduct & Ethics form
Our goal is to continue to improve the image of Nebraska HOSA | Future Health Professionals. This dress code accomplishes this and assures that our members will appropriately represent their local chapter, their school district, the Nebraska Department of Education, and themselves.
The following dress code shall apply to all state sponsored activities/sessions unless otherwise indicated by the Nebraska State HOSA Adviser or Board of Directors. Please refer to the Official Dress Code Guide.
Advisor to Student Ratio:
The chaperone ratio for the State Leadership Conference is one adult per 16 student participants (1:16). Students are required to be in attendance with their local adviser or another school-approved chaperone.
Students who are active, paid members (good standing) are eligible to participate in the State Leadership Conference. If a student is not a member or in good standing or not part of a HOSA | Future Health Professionals chapter, the student may still attend paying all registration costs and fees. However they are NOT eligible to compete in any (including HOSA Bowl) competitive events.
Due to legal restrictions, it is necessary that all delegates, parents/guardians, guests and
HOSA Advisors complete this Medical Liability Release Form AND the HOSA Multiple Release Form to be eligible to attend any 2022-2023 NE HOSA Experiences or Conferences. This form should be in the possession of the local Chapter Advisor before delegates, parents/guardians, guests, and HOSA Advisors attend SLC. The local Chapter Advisor should have access to these forms when they attend SLC.