2023 HOSA State Leadership Conference
Sunday, March 12 – Tuesday, March 14, 2023
UNO’s Milo Bail Student Center
Registration Opens: January 23, 2023
Registration Closes: February 3, 2023
Online Testing Runs: February 8-17, 2023
Register at apps.hosa.org
Snapshot of events being planned for students and advisors:
- Competitive Events
- Breakout Sessions
- Health Science Expo featuring Educational Institutions and Healthcare Employers & Organizations
- Networking opportunities
- 2023-2024 State Officer Team Election
- HOSA Bowl
- Anatomage Tournament
- Awards & Recognition
- Advisor Sessions
- And much more!
Chapters with outstanding fees will able to register for State once all outstanding fees are accounted for.
The $40 Registration Fee Includes:
- Registration and conference materials.
- Competitive event expenses, trophies, medals, plaques, etc.
- General session speakers, workshops, tours, shuttle transportation to tours.
Lunch tickets and t-shirts can be purchased for additional fees during registration through the conference management system. Plan on lunch ticket costs of $13-15/day and t-shirt costs of $15-20/shirt.
1. Complete the online conference registration form on the HOSA website apps.hosa.org once registration opens in January 2023. You can generate your own invoice through this same site once registration has closed. Please pay the invoice within 30 days of registering. Contact Heather Norberg ([email protected]) with any questions.
2. Mail check payable to Nebraska HOSA with a copy of the invoice to:
Grafton and Associates
5935 S. 56th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
Please note: Do not send any type of payment to NDE OR hand deliver any type of payment at SLC. Please refer to the Payment Guidelines Document.
Registering for Competitive Events:
- Event Registration occurs at the same time as SLC Registration
- Each HOSA member can compete in:
- One test-only event that is totally completed by February 17, 2023 (Awards will be announced during Opening Ceremony)
- One event that has a component (i.e. skill, presentation, debate, spelldown, speech) that they compete in at SLC – please note that many events have a round 1 test or component due February 17
- Unlimited Recognition Events
- National Geographic ATC tests – to be completed by February 17;
- NEW: all the Nat Geo tests will be offered at the Nebraska HOSA SLC this year, and competitors can compete in as many as they would like at no extra charge this year.
- HOSA Bowl (limit of two teams per school)
- Here is a helpful guide on Nebraska HOSA Competitive Event Characteristics
- Detailed Event Guidelines can be found on the National HOSA website.
Members can also participate in the Anatomage Tournament – See listserv email communications for the sign-up.
Sunday, March 12
- Registration starts at 5 pm, and Opening Ceremony and Awards is at 6 pm in UNO’s Milo Bail Student Center
Monday, March 13
- Registration will be available from 7:00-8:00 am in Milo Bail
- Competitive Event orientations will begin for competitors at 8 am in Milo Bail
- Competitive Events will run throughout the day, along with the Health Science Expo, breakout sessions, prelims for an Anatomage tournament, and a service learning project.
- The day will finish at about 7 pm with HOSA Bowl Rounds, and we are looking into an optional entertainment option for the evening.
Tuesday, March 14
- An alumni breakfast will be held at 8 am for new and existing alumni
- Breakout Sessions will start at 9 am and run until 1 pm
- Anatomage Finals will be held in Milo Bail’s ballroom, followed by HOSA Bowl finals
- Closing Ceremony & Awards will run 2:00-3:30 pm in Milo Bail’s ballroom
SLC Hotel Block
Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village – $110/night
First night of block: Sunday, March 12, 2023
End date of block: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Last day to book: Monday, February 13, 2023
Book your group rate for HOSA Conference
On Sundays, there is open parking in all surface lots and garages in general use parking stalls on campus. Monday, 3/13, and Tuesday, 3/14, are also open parking in surface lots and garages in general use parking stalls on campus. Please note that since there is open parking on these dates, parking stall availability is considered first come first served.
If your buses are looking for a place to make quick pick-ups and drop offs, they can utilize the cutaway located North of the Straus Performing Arts Center (see diagram below). For buses that need long term parking close to campus, we are looking into parking availability at Baxter Arena. Please contact Rachel Buss with questions about parking.
Due February 3:
- SLC Registration, including competitive event selection, chapter voting delegate designation (2 members), lunch ticket orders, and t-shirt orders
Due February 13:
- 2023-2024 State Officer Applications
- Last day to book hotel rooms in the block
Due February 17:
- Competitive Events – Online Testing through HOSA’s Online Testing System
- Nebraska HOSA Pin Design Contest
- Chapter of the Year Application
- Advisor of the Year Nomination
- Outstanding Chapter Leader
- Recognition Event: HOSA Service Project volunteer hours and money raised into the HOSA Activity Tracking System (instructions)
- Recognition Event: Barbara James Service Award hours must be entered into the HOSA Activity Tracking System and approved by teachers (instructions)
- Recognition Event: HOSA Happenings upload to TALLO
- Advisor & Chaperone Code of Conduct & Ethics form
Due February 20:
Competitive Events – Round 1 submissions on TALLO (instructions)
Our goal is to continue to improve the image of Nebraska HOSA | Future Health Professionals. This dress code accomplishes this and assures that our members will professionally represent their local chapter, their school district, the Nebraska Department of Education, and themselves.
Please refer to National HOSA’s Official Dress Code Guide. Nebraska HOSA’s dress code is similar, but not exactly the same, as National HOSA’s. The following dress code shall apply to all state sponsored activities/sessions unless otherwise indicated by the Nebraska State HOSA Adviser or Board of Directors.
For Nebraska HOSA SLC, the Dress Code for Opening & Closing Sessions and for Competitive Events is Business Attire (suit not required) or Official Uniforms, unless the Competitive Event Guidelines identify a clinical uniform or attire as appropriate for that event. For all other SLC activities (i.e. Expo, breakout sessions), the Dress Code is Business Casual. No ripped jeans, crop tops, flip flops, inappropriate graphics, shorts, or short skirts are allowed during NE SLC activities.
Advisor to Student Ratio:
The chaperone ratio for the State Leadership Conference is one adult per 16 student participants (1:16). Students are required to be in attendance with their local adviser or another school-approved chaperone.
Students who are active, paid members (good standing) are eligible to participate in the State Leadership Conference. If a student is not a member or in good standing or not part of a HOSA | Future Health Professionals chapter, the student may still attend paying all registration costs and fees. However they are NOT eligible to compete in any (including HOSA Bowl) competitive events.
Due to legal restrictions, it is necessary that all delegates, parents/guardians, guests and HOSA Advisors complete this Medical Liability Release Form AND the HOSA Multiple Release Form to be eligible to attend any 2022-2023 NE HOSA Experiences or Conferences. These forms should be in the possession of the local Chapter Advisor before delegates, parents/guardians, guests, and HOSA Advisors attend SLC. The local Chapter Advisor should have access to these forms when they attend SLC.