2020 State Leadership Conference
Sunday, March 22 – Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Baxter Arena and the Michael Sorrel Center at UNO in Omaha, Nebraska
Registration Opens: January 13, 2020
Closes: February 14, 2020
Online Testing Opens: February 3, 2020
Closes: Monday February 28, 2020
Welcome to Omaha – the host city of the 2020 State Leadership Conference!
On behalf of the State Officer Team, we are proud to release our State Leadership Conference Guide. This will be a useful tool as you begin planning for HOSA State Leadership Conference!
The 2020 Nebraska HOSA State Leadership Conference (SLC) will be held March 22-24, 2020 in Omaha, Nebraska. Events and sessions will be held at both Baxter Arena and the Michael Sorrell Center on UNMC’s Campus.
Opening and Closing Sessions will be at the Baxter Arena located in the Aksarben Village. With competitive events taking place this year on the UNMC Campus, Michael Sorrell Center.
Snap Shot of events being planned for students and advisers:
- State Competitive Events
- HOSA Bowl
- Educational Breakout Sessions taught by nationally recognized medical professionals
- Adviser Track
- State officer Team Election
- Awards and Recognition
- Tours and hands-on experiences in world class medical facilities
- Ready for the Health Science Classroom Teaching Materials
- And…much more!
- $40 Registration Fee
- Payment in hand by due date.
- $50 Registration Fee for non-members
- $50 Registration Fee after February 14th
- $60 Registration fee after March 4th for non-members
- $10 Lunch tickets are available for purchase for Monday and Tuesday
Chapters with outstanding fees will able to register for State once all outstanding fees are accounted for.
Questions? Contact Sarah Pracheil at email@example.com or 402-471-0953
- Registration, conference materials, and conference t-shirt.
- Competitive event expenses, trophies, medals, plaques, etc.
- General session speakers, workshops, tours, shuttle transportation.
Final registration deadline is February 14th, 2020 12:00 AM Central.
1. Complete the online conference registration form on the HOSA website www.hosa.org . You will receive an invoice after submission of information via email.
2. Mail check payable to Nebraska HOSA with a copy of the invoice to:
Grafton and Associates
5935 S. 56th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
Please note: Do not send any type of payment to NDE OR hand deliver any type of payment at SLC. Any and all payments are to be sent to Grafton and Associates.
3. Complete the HOSA Multiple Release Form. Scan and email to:
Rachel Buss RN, Nebraska HOSA State Adviser by March 9th at Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel Reservations: Please Read This Paragraph Thoroughly!
All housing reservations must be submitted by the local adviser or school district directly. All chapters need to bring a copy of their schools Form 13 to receive their rooms tax exempt. Nebraska HOSA and/or the Nebraska State Department of Education cannot by state law make any hotel reservations. Chapters are highly encouraged to stay at the in one of the main conference hotels within the Aksarben Village. You must book your hotel by March 8th in order to get in the conference block. Local advisers or school districts are in charge of any room cancellations 48 hours before arrival to waive any charges.
- Hilton Garden Inn Aksarben: Rate: $110/night Group Name: HOSA SLC Address: 6737 Frances St. , Omaha, NE 68106 Book by Phone or by Link: Phone: (402) 334 4441 Link: https://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/O/OMAAVGI-HOS-20200321/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
- Hampton Inn Aksarben: Rate: $110/night Group Name: HOSA SLC Address: 1401 S 72nd St, Omaha, NE 68124 Book by Phone or by Link: Phone: (402) 933-5510 Link: TO COME! Credit Card Authorization Form (Complete per school if this is how you intend to book your rooms and send back 2 weeks prior to arrival)
- Courtyard by Marriott Aksarben: Rate: $110/night Group Name: HOSA NE Address: 1625 S 67th St, Omaha, NE 68106 Book by Phone or by Link: Phone: (402) 951-4300 or (888) 236-2427 Link: TO COME!
Advisers, please educate your students on hotel etiquette. There are more people staying in these hotels than just HOSA members. Please remind them that these business people make first impressions about the student and our organization based on what they see and hear in the hallways, on the elevators, and in the lobbies. We want HOSA to have a postitive reputation, please instruct them to dress and act appropriately.
The following are a few specific tips to share:
- Always allow people to exit the elevator before boarding.
- Treat and tip hotel employees for the services they provide. This may include shuttle bus drivers, housekeeping, wait staff and others. 10% is a good basic guideline for most services.
- Appropriate attire must be worn before, during and after visiting hotel facilities. Inappropriate examples would include wearing slippers and/or pajama pants/tee-shirt to breakfast, a towel and/or bare feet to and from the pool, or going shirtless in the fitness center. Shoes must be worn at all times!
- Take what you want, but eat what you take. Some hotels provide free breakfast to all guests but make sure your students understand that this means they should eat what they take rather than waste food.
Important Dates and Documents:
Registration is open Monday January 13th, 2020, and closes Monday, February 14th , 2020 12:00AM Central.
Online testing: Opens Monday February 3, 2020 Closes Monday February 28, 2020
- Application Due dates Friday, March 1, 2020
- Pin design Submissions
- Outstanding Chapter Leader Application
- National Service Project Recognition Application
- Barbara James Service hours must be entered and approved by teachers
- MRC Volunteer hours must be entered and approved by teachers
- HOSA Happenings Application
- Application Due dates December 15th, 2019
- State Officer Applications
Our goal is to continue to improve the image of Nebraska HOSA | Future Health Professionals. This dress code accomplishes this and assures that our members will appropriately represent the Nebraska Department of Education, their local chapter, their school district, and themselves.
The following dress code shall apply to all state sponsored activities/sessions unless otherwise indicated by the Nebraska State HOSA Adviser or Board of Directors. Please refer to the official dress code guide on the Nebraska HOSA website with any questions.
Adviser to Student Ratio:
The chaperone ratio for the State Leadership Conference is one adult per 16 student participants (1:16). Students are required to be in attendance with their local adviser.
Students who are active, paid members (good standing) are eligible to participate in the State Leadership Conference. If a student is not a member or in good standing or not part of a HOSA | Future Health Professionals chapter, the student may still attend paying all registration costs and fees. However they are NOT eligible to compete in any (including HOSA Bowl) competitive events.
Multiple Release Form:
Advisors & Chaperones SLC Form:
Become a Sponsor:
All sponsors please have your forms sent in by February 1st, 2020 to Grafton & Associates. Sponsorship Form.