1. I have a student that would like to compete in an event at SLC. The member can attend on Monday, but will not be able to attend on Tuesday. Will the member be able to compete on Monday?
If the event is scheduled for Monday, the student will be able to compete. If it is scheduled for Tuesday, they will not.
2. A few students would still like to take some knowledge tests, but will be gone over the actual state days. I told them they would still have to pay the 40 dollars, but could at least take the tests as a means to compete, since they will be gone for break. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct!
3. I have a midterm graduation student, so graduating at semester, would she still be able to compete with us?
Yes, we are happy to have her at SLC! She would just need to register under your chapter affiliation and attend as a member with you.
4. Will the SLC Dates change?
The 2024 SLC is scheduled for March 3-5, 2024 at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. The event is over Creighton’s spring break, and the dates will not change.
5. Do I (the advisor) need to attend SLC with the members?
YES! We require an advisor from the HOSA members’ school to attend the conference with them, and if the advisor is not able to attend, another chaperone would have to be approved by the school. The advisor/chaperone is responsible for members’ safety and conduct at SLC.
6. Will SLC general sessions be live-streamed?
Yes, a live-stream option will be available for parents, friends, and members who cannot attend but who wish to watch the opening and closing general sessions.
7. What is the cost to attend SLC?
The cost per member and advisor is $40. This cost includes all competitive events, sessions, and tours. T-shirts and lunches are additional charges.
8. How many events can a member participate in?
Members can compete in one testing event that is completed before SLC, one skills-based event at SLC, HOSA Bowl, and unlimited recognition events. Each chapter is limited to two HOSA Bowl teams. If you and your students have any questions about which category events fall into, check out the CE Characteristics spreadsheet.
9. Will I be able to get a medal if I place in a competitive event but cannot attend in person?
You or a member from your chapter MUST attend in person to get the medal. If you are only attending remotely or cannot attend awards ceremonies, we can email award certificates at your request.