Intro & Detailed information
The Nebraska HOSA | Future Health Professional State Officers, the Board of Directors, and the Nebraska Department of Education (NDE) invite you to attend the Nebraska HOSA State Leadership Conference (SLC). The conference will bring together future health professionals from across Nebraska to experience HOSA at its absolute best.
The State Leadership Conference (SLC) is not simply a time to pick the perfect competition, prepare the skill, and hone your craft, and finally perform to possibly win a medal. This is the time when over 800 members, advisors, and industry partners come together for inspirational speakers, leadership workshops, professional development, career guidance, and to give it their
all at this culmination of another successful Nebraska HOSA year. There is plenty to keep every attendee busy! Competitors are recognized, officers are sworn in, and scholarships are presented during the excitement-filled State Leadership Conference. SLC is not just for the competitor; alumni and industry partners are more than welcome to be involved in various areas of Nebraska’s State Leadership Conference!
Throughout the conference attendees will have the opportunity to meet many fellow Nebraska HOSA members who share dreams of changing the world. Stand proudly and cheer your chapter, represent your school’s hard work at the state meetings, experience educational and leadership workshops, and for many attendees showcase your abilities in the Nebraska HOSA Competitive Events program. Get ready, prepare well, do your best, and make this an experience
of a lifetime.
This years State Leadership Conference will be in person March 13th-15th.
At Baxter Arena and Mammal Hall in Omaha, NE.
- For all of the information on SLC please see the Conference Registration Guide
- Registration is open January 17th- February 4th, 2022.
- Online Testing is open February 9th- February 23rd, 2022.
- Competitive Events
- Please remember that students are only allowed to compete in 1 online and 1 in-person event this year, plus 2 HOSA Bowl teams from each school.
- To access the updated Competitive Event Guide for 2020-2021 click the link below.
- Competitive Events are offered through Tallo and live events as well.
- Please encourage students to apply for National HOSA Scholarships
- State HOSA Scholarships are being finalized
- SLC Breakout Topics
- If there are any topics or speakers that your students would be interested in hearing from at SLC please send those topics to me ASAP so that we can try to arrange the best speakers possible.
A Nebraska HOSA SLC website will are created and shared where all SLC sessions will be hosted from and results of competitive events can also be viewed. More information to come!
NE HOSA State Officer Application 2022
The NE HOSA State Officer Application is now open! Please submit all applications materials to TALLO by February 11, 2022. More information to come about in person components during SLC of the application process.
- Conference Covid Waiver http://nehosa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/NE-HOSA-2022-SLC-Conference-Waiver.pdf
- District COVID Safety Plan
- NE HOSA COVID
1. I have a student that would like to compete in an event at SLC. The member can attend on Monday, but will not be able to attend on Tuesday. Will the member be able to compete on Monday?
90% of the competitive events happen on Monday, with mostly second rounds occurring on Tuesday. Not all events have two rounds. For example, if your member is participating in an event such as Health Care Photography that only has one round, and the member would be able to just attend one day.
2. A few students would still like to take some knowledge tests, but will be gone over the actual state days. I told them they would still have to pay the 40 dollars, but could at least take the tests as a means to compete, since they will be gone for break. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct!
3. I have a midterm graduation student, so graduating at semester, would she still be able to compete with us?
Yes, we are happy to have her at SLC! She would just need to register under your chapter affiliation and attend as a member with you.
4. Will the SLC Dates change again?
The March 13-15, 2022 date will NOT change, as this is the time that UNO is on spring break and Mammel Hall is available. We did a lot of research into potential venues and dates, but unfortunately, Nebraska HOSA does not have the budget to rent a hotel conference center for our conference, and our original venue (UNMC) is not able to allow large groups onto campus this year due to Covid.
5. Do I (the advisor) need to attend SLC with the members?
YES! We require an advisor from the HOSA members’ school to attend the conference with them, and if the advisor is not able to attend, another chaperone would have to be approved by the school. The advisor/chaperone is responsible for members’ safety and conduct at SLC.
6. Will SLC be in person or hybrid?
At this time, we are planning to have an in-person conference (not hybrid or virtual). If students want to compete but cannot come to state, they can compete in the online testing events that are open for testing between February 9-23, 2022. However, they would still be required to pay the full registration fee for SLC, which we are keeping at $40 this year. We just really want as many chapters as possible to be able to attend in person because of the wonderful keynotes, breakout sessions, competitions, vendors, and networking that will be at the conference.
What is the deadline for material to be submitted to Tallo?
All Materials are due to Tallo by February 23rd.
What calculators can be used for the Medical Math test?
Basic handheld calculators (no graphing calculators) for addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and square root.
How can we receive our awards/medals from last year?
Most awards were sent in the boxes with the t-shirts and other SLC materials, if you did not receive yours they are still at my office and I will send them as soon as I am allowed back in.
I am just wondering if there is a document with the events, descriptions, and requirements somewhere for 2022 that I can print and project to get students excited and registered?
The best document to help your students decide which event is right is:
Can Members still apply for State Officer?
Yes!! Applications are now due February 11th, 2022 on TALLO.
Dress Code Types
As relates to Nebraska HOSA and the upcoming State Leadership Conference, there are three type of dress codes that students may be asked to follow:
National HOSA Dress Code Guidelines:
PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT THE NEWEST WAIVER FORMS FOR BOTH STUDENTS AND ADVISORS/CHAPERONES BEFORE ATTENDING SLC!